Wednesday, September 06, 2006

David Garland

This story appeared on The Baylor Lariat:

Truett assistant dean awarded position as Hinson Endowed Chair of Christian Scriptures
Sept. 6, 2006
By CLAIRE ST. AMANT
Reporter
"I don't know why you are interviewing me," said Dr. David E. Garland, assistant dean of George W. Truett Theological Seminary. "Really, I'm not that interesting."

His credentials and co-workers beg to differ.

Garland was recently named the William M. Hinson Endowed Chair of Christian Scriptures.

"When we were looking for an outstanding scholar to recognize, we realized that we didn't have to go any further than our own campus," Truett dean, Dr. Paul Powell, said.
Congratulations to Professor Garland. I looked up my Scholars pages and saw that his faculty page was not there, so I have added it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mark,
you are amazing! i read on New Testament Gateway an announcement that appeared in the student newspaper on my campus about a chair appointment of one of my own colleagues. I wonder what else you can tell me about what is happening here, literally, under my nose?!
Mikeal Parsons
Baylor University